Pennsylvania Railroad Building
In 1995, a Governor’s Task Force created the Riverfront Development Corporation (RDC) of Delaware to oversee the future of the Brandywine and Christina Riverfronts. A year later, the RDC launched a major State funded effort to restore the area’s economic vitality. Warehouses were replaced with restaurants, shops, office buildings, a baseball park and a regional conference facility.
Summit Realty Advisors saw the potential impact of the RDC’s investment in the Christina River waterfront area and decided to undertake an extensive redevelopment of the building while maintaining its historical character.
The Pennsylvania Railroad Building was built by the Pennsylvania Railroad and completed in 1905 for $175,000. The building originally served as the headquarters for the Pennsylvania Railroad’s Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad subsidiary (PW&B).